Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pre-Christmas Festivities

With Christmas only 2 days away and counting it is time to kick the holiday cheer into gear and get some cookie making out of the way. It is also one last time for Ava and Ella to plead their case to Santa about how "good" they have been this year. Ella finally got the courage to actually get close to Santa and talk to him. Santa said the Ella was the quietest child he has ever seen. I know extremely hard to believe.
We got up this morning and the we all started making cookies for Santa. I have never made a cut-out sugar cookie so today was the day. The girls helped me with the dough and roll and cut them out. Sarah and I then made homemade buttercream frosting in 3 different colors. She then decorated everyone and they look amazing. Santa is going to be pretty impressed and I have a feeling leave some pretty good gifts for all of us.
I will not post over the next few days due to the holiday. I hope everyone has a great Christmas and gets the much needed time to relax with family and friends. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Ella and Ava pleading their case to Santa one last time.

The girls licking the beaters off of buttercream frosting.
Ella "helping" mix the sugar cookie dough.
The girls helping. Ava is drinking her hot tea.
Sarah working her magic on the cookies.
The finished project.




No comments: